Chef in Surrey, British Columbia
Exceptionally innovative Chef with more than 18 years’ experience in operations for award winning restaurants. Proficient in numerous cooking techniques and cuisines with talent for working with ingredients from countries around the world, including molecular aspects India, Mexico, France, Italy, Japan and Thailand. Proven leadership skills with a track record of training, developing and fostering strong teams focused on quality, presentation, cost containment and safety. Worked under Rosette star Chef Stephen Gomes.
Proven expertise in:
• Creative Menu Development
Special Event Planning
• Food Costing, menu engineering, P&L Reports
• Cost Containment, Reduction, Budgeting
• Purchasing and Inventory Control • Staff Leadership and Training
• Food Hygiene and Kitchen Safety
• Sold and delivered Gourmet Catering services for 1400 people for IFF in LA Performing arts Centre, CA.
• Sold and conducted Food Shows for events for the cause “Angle-man Syndrome”.
• Maintaining dining labor costs at 27% compared to industry standard of 30%.
• Controlling fine dining food costs at or below 28% compared to the industry standard of 34%.
• Increased the sales abruptly 40% within 5 months of joining for the expansion of concept.