Cody W. Neyers
PO Box 2666 Moriarty, NM 87035
Home 505-832-...; Mobile 505-321-...
• Over 11 years’ experience working in the culinary industry
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Flexible and adaptive to work environment as needed
• Very responsible
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Culinary Arts December 2010
Central New Mexico Community College Albuquerque, NM
• Relevant Courses: International Cuisines-Classic European, International Cuisines-Mediterranean, Asian and Pacific Rim, Advanced Baking and Pastry Techniques, Food Sanitation Principles, Hotel/Motel Human Resources Management, Food and Beverage Service, Personal and Practical Nutrition, Introduction to Culinary Arts, Applied Culinary Math, Cooking Fundamentals I, Cooking Fundamentals II, Introduction to Baking Fundamentals, Applied Baking Principles, Baking and Pastry Fundamentals, Baking Capstone, College Writing, Introduction to Computers, Introduction to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intermediate Algebra
Kitchen Manager --...
Katrinah’s East Mountain Grill Edgewood, NM
• Manage a kitchen crew consisting of 25 people
• Create over 10 different special entrées every day
• Implement entirely new menus for special occasions such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day
• Responsible for inventory, food ordering, staff scheduling, food cost, safety and sanitation, interviews and hiring, testing new products from food purveyors and promotional advertising
Assistant Kitchen Manager --...
Outback Steakhouse Albuquerque, NM
• Responsible for ensuring proper procedures and standards in all daily operations
• Setup and operated all restaurant food line positions including food preparation
• Recognized for ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment requiring a calm demeanor in high-pressure situations
• Teamwork, organizational skills and a high standard of food presentation was exercised
Line Cook --...
Fox and Hound Bar and Grill Albuquerque, NM
• Assisted in training and maintaining proper safety procedures
• Dedicated myself to efficiently learning and performing new skills
• Maintained excellent awareness of quality assurance as well as health and safety
Junior Chef --...
St. Clair’s Winery and Bistro Albuquerque, NM
• Assisted Chef with inventory control, purchasing and recipe testing
• Efficient and quality-focused in the assembly, cooking, plating and garnishing of food
• Advocated proper food safety and quality management
Wok Cook --...
Pei Wei Asian Diner Albuquerque, NM
• Monitored back of house for consistent sanitation, food quality and presentation
• Designated meat cutter for one year
• Gained extensive experience with production/preparation of food for all stations of service
Junior Chef --...
The Special Touch Albuquerque, NM
• Assisted in salad, entrée and pastry preparation
• Facilitated preparation for catering and tea room service
• Provided catering at dinner parties and special functions for a diverse clientele
Assistant Manager --...
McDonalds Moriarty, NM
• Responsible for professional customer service relations
• Management of up to 10 employees per shift
• Handling and reconciliation of funds
Awards and Recognition
• Awarded best breakfast burrito in the state of New Mexico featured on the Burrito Byway (Katrinah’s East Mountain Grill, June 2014)
• Outback Steakhouse employee of the month
• Serve Safe certified
• IFSEA member since 2009