Chef in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Leon B. Baker II
Philadelphia Pa, 19131
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly skilled and dedicated pastry chef with extensive experience in the preparation of high-end as well as traditional desserts and breads. Desire to work in an environment where my extensive knowledge and experience in the preparation of specialty desserts and breads can be used in a positive and product manner.
Pastry Chef, Harris Teeter, Grocery Store, Washington DC, 3/11 to 8/13
• Prepare an array of desserts for store and special orders
• Maintain inventory of ingredients
• Attend to daily operation and sales.
• Responsible for cake orders
• Extensive customer contact
Pastry Chef, PS7’s Restaurant, Washington DC, 1/09 to 6/10
• Prepare fresh breads on-site. (Focaccia, specialty buns, Sour dough breads, Grissini)
• Prepare specialty cakes, ( Wedding, Birthday and Holidays)
• Prepare array of high end dessert selections
• Create menus , supervise pastry staff and scheduling
• Order pastry supplies and monitor food costs
Pastry Chef, Harris Teeter, Washington DC 608-1208...
• Prepare desserts.
• Attend to daily operations and sales.
Pastry Chef, Farrah Olivia Restaurant, Alexandria VA, - --...
• Prepare Desserts
• Attend to daily operation and sales
• Receive daily product orders
Pastry Chef, Signatures Restaurant, Washington DC – 3/02 – 11/5
• Prepare desserts
• Supervise baking staff.
Assistant Pasty Chef, Red Sage, Washington, DC – --...
• Prepare array of French pastries for the restaurant, retail store and private dining room
Pastry Chef, W. Millar & Co., Washington, DC- --...
• Create desserts for retail, catering and private dining
Pastry Chef, MCCXXII (1223), Washington, DC – --...
• Create desserts for the restaurant and-- operated periodically as kitchen
• Staff manager
• Maintain inventory and order daily supplies/products.
• Prepare desserts for special occasions (mousses, ice creams, sorbets, varieties of cakes, pies, tarts, and
Pastry Chef, BET on Jazz Restaurant, Washington, DC – 898-1198...
• Create desserts for the restaurant and menu.
Assistant Pastry Chef, Red Sage Restaurant, Washington, DC 8/97– 8/98
• Prepare desserts for the restaurant and the Chili Bar, retail store and private parties
• Prepare breakfast pastries
Assistant Pastry Chef, Kinkead’s Restaurant, Washington, DC-6/96- 6/97
• Prepare desserts, breads and cookies,
• Breakfast pastries, cakes, pies and specialty desserts for retail store.
Pastry Chef, Vidalia Restaurant, Washington, DC- 9/94 – 6/96
• Prepare all desserts for the restaurant as well as created desserts for special menus
Pierce Jr. College 9/80 to 5/83, Business Administration
• Iron Chef America with Chef Morou as Asst Chef.
• Featured in Art Culinare.
• Sugar Rush with Warren Brown.
• Create Cheesecake Lollipops , The Food Network Channel.
• Semifinalist for Top Chef Just Dessert. On the Bravo Network
• Best Chocolate Dessert, Philadelphia Magazine
• American French
REFERENCES FURNISHED UPON REQUEST